Tuesday, February 15, 2011

week of crushes- #1 #2, Mariani Brothers



During the world tour of boyfriends in the 1990's my mom moved to us to virtually every city in and around the California wine country. For as many schools as I went to, and people I met, the Mariani brothers, Andrew & Adam-- who grew up in the area-- weren't among them. 


Much to my dismay. Without any real life valentines this year, I'm going to spend the rest of the week talking about all the hypothetical people I have a crush on. I realize that somewhere in my life, I developed my own-- rather broad-- definition of the word "crush." It combines quite a few odd factors-- not the most of which is being a little sexy, but not the least of which involves being a lot awesome. 


The Mariani brothers, of Scribe Winery-- a place I've been dying to visit (and not just because they have the most beautiful website I've ever seen)-- are everything that my word crush represents. Sustainable vintners with an ease, a surprising masculinity, and a flair for adventure. There's also something sexy about brothers going into business together.


I can't decide which one I like best. I think Adam. Le sigh.


19 comments:

  1. Sadly I first looked at that top pic and thought Wow that is a nice steering wheel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...come to California RIGHT NOW and we can hunt these hotties down. Way to bring it strong right out' the gate, looking forward to the rest of the week. ;) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy these guys are cuties! I live about 45 minutes from this winery, perhaps I will have to go visit this place :) Although my husband might think I have ulterior motives, as he is the wine lover ;)

    ReplyDelete

Why Stop Now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...